Friday, August 12, 2016

Two hawks

Dolan and I started our trip home by stopping in Opportunity to say goodbye. We got out because it was so beautiful. I did have a breathing issue, but when I lowered my chair back to help my breathing, I was treated to a blue sky seen through beautiful green boughs, and two hawks circling above. They were joined by swallows. I could revel in my view while dealing with my challenged lungs. Each day is truly joyful, even as I reach the end.

I am not eating or drinking much. I am contemplating having my catheter removed. Since I have to wear diapers all the time now, it seems redundant. And the big decision? When to cease intake of food and water, my chosen exit. I am beyond tired of just staying alive to watch tv (although I did begin The West Wing again!).

I've said my goodbyes, the family is prepared. Anytime now, God!!

4 comments:

  1. You have taught me so much about courage, life, and death. Thank you, amazing lady...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Pam- praying for comfort and peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers and thoughts are with you ,Pam, as well as Paul, and kids. Your words from start to finish have been and will continue to be an inspiration. Although I haven't seen you in a very long time, I cherish knowing you and all of your good work. Peace be with you , my friend. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your journey, Pam, and sharing it so honestly. You have been an inspiration and a voice for those of us who know this disease so personally. Many of your thoughts could have come from my mom or my uncle. I pray for you and yours. Lovingly, Holly

    ReplyDelete