Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Family time in Opportunity

We are gathered at the Tuss compound in Opportunity, near Anaconda. It's a joint celebration of the birthdays of Liz Tuss (40), Caroline (16), and Peyton (16). Plus cornhole games, lots of family, bikes, volleyball, beer, pop, barbecue, birthday cake, and stories. I've been coming here for 28 years.

It's good to be with my extended family, but my health prevents me from enjoying much. We are at almost a mile elevation here, and the thin air does impact my breathing. Although I wear my biPAP more, it doesn't provide oxygen. It just gives my lungs a break. I must be about 33% capacity, so less oxygen makes it challenging.  Add the three or four smokers and charcoal and woodsmoke, and even outside it's tough.

Of course, a house built in 1930-something isn't accessible, so we depend heavily on good weather or I have to go in the carport or back to the motel. Yesterday it rained off and on, so I was in the motel. It only makes me sad that Paul or one of the kids has to stay with me and can't interact with the family. I am used to being alone at home, but here is hard.

Still, I'm glad I'm here. Family is all-important to me, and always has been.

Family at Philipsburg (above) and Tuss cousins at Opportunity (below)



No comments:

Post a Comment