Saturday, August 20, 2016

Blessings

As difficult as my illness is, I am blessed by how many people who have written to me over the past 3 years telling me what I mean/t to them. What more can I ask, than to hear the good things people think about me before I die?

An update on the passing of my friend Chris. I googled her partner, Kip, and today found out they died the same day: April 6, 2015. So now I am left wondering if they were in an accident or if they did assisted suicide together (both had cancer). Or both happened to die on the same day for other reasons. I sent an email to Chris' sister at her work; I hope she responds. And I regret not sending Chris a letter saying what she meant to me.

Friendships have brought me such joy and dare I say validation over the span of my life. Yes, I feel the need to be loved and to express love. That elucidates the headstone inscription, doesn't it? I have a sense given to me by others over the years that wanting to be loved is a weakness. However, I always ascribed to the ideal to treat others as you want to be treated. And I need to be loved, and thank God, I have been well-loved. I only hope the people I have touched feel loved and well-treated by me.

I read somewhere that a taciturn New Englander was asked if he thought he was a "good" man. He said in reply: "You'll have to ask my neighbors."  We may all think we are good people, but it is in how we are perceived that we know for sure.

5 comments:

  1. Pam, I am very sure the people you have touched feel your love!
    You are a lovely soul!
    I am praying for you!

    I go visit my sister soon (the one that has ALS)
    I hope I do not break down when I see her as I want to be
    strong for her!)
    I am quite afraid of seeing her even though I cannot
    wait to see her!

    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can assure you, people you have touched feel loved and well treated by you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloria, you are so very nice! Thank you always for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Als Zeichen der Dankbarkeit dafür, wie mein Mann von ALS gerettet wurde, habe ich beschlossen, zu denjenigen zu gelangen, die noch darunter leiden.
    Mein Mann wurde von ALS im Jahr 2013 diagnostiziert und es war wirklich hart und herzzerreißend für mich, weil er mein alles war und die Symptome waren schrecklich, er hat immer Schwierigkeiten beim Schlucken, und er beschwert sich immer über Schwäche des Körpers. Wir versuchten verschiedene Therapien, die von unserem Neurologen verschrieben wurden, aber keiner konnte ihn heilen. Ich suchte nach einer Heilung und ich sah ein Zeugnis von jemandem, der geheilt wurde und so viele andere mit ähnlichem Körperproblem, und er verließ den Kontakt des Arztes, der die Heilung zu ALS hatte. Ich habe mir nie vorgestellt, dass ALS eine natürliche Heilung nicht hat, bis ich ihn kontaktierte und er versicherte mir, dass mein Mann gut geht. Ich bekam die pflanzliche Medikamente, die er empfahl und mein Mann benutzte es und in einem Monat war er ganz okay bis bis zu diesem Moment ist er so voller Leben. ALS hat eine Heilung und es ist eine pflanzliche Heilung Kontakt mit dem Arzt für weitere Informationen auf drwilliams098675@gmail.com auf, wie man die Medikamente zu bekommen. Danke für das Zeugnis.

    ReplyDelete