Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve in Whitefish

Came home to a nice table set and dinner prepared by Dolan and his cousins.  Big Mountain was fogged in, so we couldn't see the torchlight parade and the fireworks, alas.  But we have enjoyed the snow and mountains so much.  Last night we had dinner with good friends in Kalispell, and laughed so much at the stories of Wayne working in the Butte mines.  Not that his work was easy or funny, but his way of telling about it sure is!

I haven't been able to ski or ice skate, but I enjoy just being here.  Yesterday afternoon Paul and I snowshoed down to the base lodge, and then back!  It seems that I can still do that, with my brace and  the two snowshoe poles.  Pretty exciting!

I hope everyone has a good 2014.  For me, it has to be better than 2013, after all!



No comments:

Post a Comment