Monday, December 23, 2013

Santa Claus is comin' to town (sings Bruce Springsteen in the background)...

Wrapping some presents...pretty well done, but one last big one to do.  Made cookies today, too.  Definitely feeling the Christmas spirit (and three friends brought treats to my front door!).  However, I am beginning to realize that some things are definitely in the last-time-I-will-do-them category.  I can barely use scissors correctly now, and anything that pushes my right hand (other than typing, fortunately) shows up all the weakness that is taking over.  I am focusing on all the many things I will still be able to do, and not being able to wrap presents is no big deal, really.  Still, it's a little farewell...like not being able to skip, which I thought of today while watching "The Santa Clause" and seeing the elves skip away.  I loved to skip, even in heels.

Tomorrow I head out early to Great Falls (two hours south) to get my new ankle brace.  I have been tripping more lately (and not in the good, 1960's, way!).  I am down to only a few pairs of shoes that I can wear with a brace, and two pairs of boots that I can wear without and still have some support.  Man, giving up my shoes has been really hard...and heels...sigh.

But we have a white Christmas, so who am I to complain?!  Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

1 comment: