Saturday, May 28, 2016

Memorial Day

Saturday morning dawned bright and sun-filled. We've had days of rain off and on, and more is forecast, but we are reveling in the beauty of this day.

Our dear friends Sherry, Greg, Lori, and Delmer, along with Paul, are laying sod. They smartly suggested lessening the square footage of the garden since I no longer manage it. So we have a beautiful upper garden, a lawn-to-be, and a lower garden. I would not have had this had Sherry and Lori not stepped up. I am so blessed by friends old and new!

I am slightly blue...I would have been up at 6 on a day like this, working in the yard, cleaning the garage, doing the laundry. I loved my simple chores, knowing I could bounce from one to another as I pleased. To just sit here and watch others work is hard. I don't stay blue long, though; how can one, when surrounded by love?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment