Sunday, June 5, 2016

Blessings rain down like cottonwood blossoms

Glorious weather yesterday and today! In the 80s and clear with a slight cooling breeze from the west.

Yesterday the fountain giggled merrily, and Amber, Caroline and Dolan weeded the east side of the upper garden. Paul and Russ installed a ramp onto the back deck. It has increased my world. Yay!

Diane and Art drove up from Helena yesterday, and just left after a lovely brunch on the deck. They also went with us to Dolan's play Eqivocation. This morning the family went to Mass. I opted out as I needed more rest. Didn't sleep til midnight because the play ran three hours. Worth every moment, but I needed recovery time.

I am surrounded by love. I am so blessed.
Garden gnomes!
On my new ramp!


3 comments:

  1. As I read an article about you in my local newspaper, I felt my anxiety rise because I am familiar with your situation. My mother passed of ALS in 1994, less than 3 yrs after diagnosis. She was an amazing loving Mom and we miss her terribly. She was excited to go to Hawaii to see my brother despite the difficulties. Her disease progressed quickly, numbing my Dad and all 7 children and our families. Would have loved to had a chance for more memories.
    You and your family seem to embrace a blessing that many would perceive a curse! I admire your strength and determination to "savor all the lasts and and to create some epic memories along the way"! You seem to have found the blue sky among the storm. I wish you and your family well, and will keep all of you in my prayers. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabby, I am so sorry about your mother. We are aware of how hard this will be on all our family, but hope to keep our spirits strong through it all. I hope the good memories you share with your family bring you smiles even after 20 years have passed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are lovely, as is your blog.

    ReplyDelete