Thursday, July 31, 2014

One Year Today

I was officially diagnosed one year ago today in the Rochester, MN, Mayo Clinic.  I say "officially" as we were relatively certain earlier in the year based on my symptoms.

I'm not celebrating this anniversary, but I am indeed celebratory about being here a year later, walking (with braces and canes, but walking!), able to do most things for myself still, and unaffected in my breathing or swallowing or talking.  That is good!

I made it down the deck stairs to the yard today and supervised Caroline doing some long-neglected garden work.  It's 93 degrees, so she felt a bit oppressed as I sat sometimes in sun, then in shade, and pointed out what she needed to do.  I can honestly tell her it would be done by me if I were able.  I miss gardening, piano, running...but that's a downhill thinking pattern!

We had a lovely time in Anaconda, celebrating 25 years married and my 54th birthday.  Lots of family and my dear friends Julie and Mike and Wendy from Helena shared our happiness.  Life is so very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment