Sunday, July 13, 2014

Relentless

Truly ALS is a relentless foe.  Each day things (body parts) feel a little weaker, a tad more achy, and I am more unsteady.  Tired of looking at my feet turn purple when I sit too long.

Dolan and I fly tomorrow to Billings to see a doctor about more leg braces.  Paul is in Bozeman, Caroline in Helena.  Thought we'd cover another major city!  Billings Clinic has an MDA/ALS clinic, so hopefully I will attend that also.  I am not wedded to the idea of being a constant patient, but I know they can help me some.

I looked at old photo albums today.  I have had such a good life, filled with family, friends, love, travel.  How can I possibly feel sorry for myself?  I just want my passing to be easy on my loved ones.

2 comments:

  1. I am so blessed to have you as my soul sister! Thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing woman, Pam. I think about you often and was just talking to a friend yesterday whose husband had ALS (he went to Oregon to "self release") a few years ago. We both said the really good ones go before us. Anything I can do to make your process easier....I will do. As for your family, nothing will be easy except to know how much you love them with all your heart and the words that you share here as often as you can serves to remind them of that. I hope your journey to Billings was helpful. Take care. Janet

    ReplyDelete