Friday, September 20, 2013

The little things in life

Okay, perhaps only a woman with ALS would be writing about this, but I just finished coloring my hair (I  used to say "dyeing," but a college girl told me you only dye Easter eggs!), and as I did it, I realized this may be the very last time I can use my hands in this way.  Each day my right hand challenges me a little more, and I have 28 shampoos to go!  Will my right still be operative for such important activities in 46 days?  (Yes, I admit, I shampoo every other day.)

Now, as tongue in cheek as the above is, I still pondered that, and it is just another things that I realize will be a memory soon. 

Like driving a car.  I was driving yesterday, and while I am still fully capable (well, capable), I know that eventually my right leg will not be able to press the accelerator, and I will be done.  That cannot happen prior to October 24th!  I need to be able to drive to Great Falls to catch a plane to San Francisco to join my college girl friends Cathy, Kristin, and Caty (great alliteration!) to tour California's wine country and visit spas.  No ALS will stop that from happening!!

Off to work on a beautiful last day of summer in north-central Montana.  Life is good.

And my hair is colored!

No comments:

Post a Comment