Monday, July 25, 2016

Watching the. Democratic Convention

I am watching the convention app, which means I don't have to listen to talking heads interrupting. Concurrently, I am dealing with a phlegm clog. A little morphine helps me relax my trachea and forget about it. And then I can revel in Michelle Obama and Elizabeth Warren. And marvel at the diversity of our convention-goers, especially in comparison to the Republican convention. We look like America. The. Beautiful.

My day starts at 8:30 with a hospice visit from Yolanda, my CNA. I am blessed to have her. She does great ROM. It almost feels like a massage. For my first and only official caregiver, I have lucked out.

Now Bernie Sanders takes the stage. Is he ever going to mention Hillary? Oh good, he did. I hope his followers act like we, Hillary supporters in 2008, did and vote for our party's candidate in November.

Tomorrow is my 56th birthday. I am fortunate to reach that milestone, definitely. So many millions don't. Still, each night I pray "my soul to take," and I mean it quite literally. God can take me anytime now. Once I lose my voice totally (today was pretty bad), and my left hand fingers give up, I have lost my methods of communication. The frustration that engenders in everyone, not least of all me, makes me want to give up the effort. So given my previous talks with my nuclear family, they are prepared at any time to say goodbye.

That doesn't mean each day doesn't have its joy. It just means I am ready to let go. I am at peace with what is happening.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Pam
    I watched the DNC as well as was quite inspired by all the speakers!
    I saw Michele Obama at a rally back in '08 and think she is truly amazing!

    You too are very inspiring and I marvel at your strength!
    I will say a little prayer for you tonight!

    I mentioned to you a while back that I have a sister that has ALS
    Tomorrow morning she flying to Columbus, Ohio to spend a week with a good friend of hers!
    Considering she is flying from Halifax, Nova Scotia, this is a major event for her as she so hates to fly!
    She too, is an inspiration to me!

    Bless you , always!

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie, I hope your sister had a good visit. It is so cool that we live in a time when a woman is running for president on a major party ticket.

      Delete
    2. My sister had a good visit :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I truly hope your birthday, tomorrow, brings you much joy!
    Happy, Happy Birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,
    I pray many blessings upon you. I want you to know that I will never forget the wonderful note you sent our family after my dad Cameron Worstell passed away. You are s classy lady. I'm happy you are at peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a fine man, and his family is dear to me.

      Delete
  4. Pam, God bless you. You are a powerful person, I see why you are such a Hillary fan, you're a lot like her. No surrender, a very accepting person, always looking forward and concerned for others before yourself. Truly Christian. Thank you for your example of how to live life and accept its end. Love,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, it was so good to see you and your wife at church! Thanks for such a nice note. I hope we meet again, but if not, I treasure the many memories I have of you.

      Delete
  5. All I can say is I love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from ALS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband was diagnosed of ALS in 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have trouble swallowing , and he always complain of Weakness of the body . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to ALS. I never imagined ALS has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. ALS has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete