Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Sit on my headstone, please!

Paul and I have been working with his brother, Rick, the cemetery owner, to get a headstone done in Florida in time to be installed in the Anaconda cemetery when we're there in August. I figure, I want to see what everyone will see after I'm gone.

I'm reading Terkel's Will the Circle be Unbroken. One person said he wanted a bench instead of a headstone for his grave, so people can rest in a nice cemetery. Well, we just ordered a big-ass headstone. But I will tell you now, you can plop down on my headstone if it seems comfortable to do so. I just have always had a fascination with cemeteries, and headstones tell stories. But I am a hostess too, and will be that beyond death. So come visit me, and sit on my headstone if you want!

On another note (pun intended), we welcomed the Blue Pony marching band home from their triumphant participation in the National Independence Day parade in Washington, D.C.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pam - I love the image as you as a perpetual hostess (Without any last minute tidying up required). I wish you a fantastic summer with family and friends. Thanks for blogging your journey, I have a feeling I'll come back and read here in the future too, another way you will continue to host fans from afar. XO, Sonya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sonya! Hope you have a great summer, too!

      Delete
  2. I was already planning to come and visit you in the future. Thank you for so graciously accommodating me! Love you! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are reading the Terkel book. I have found all of his books, especially this one, inspiring.

    ReplyDelete