Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Progress isn't always a positive

Remodeling progress is a good thing, although we seem to be at a standstill at the moment.  We need windows, doors, casings, baseboards, a vanity, and bathroom fixtures.  I know it will all be grand when it comes in and is installed, but it's taking soooo long.

ALS progression is another thing entirely.  That's progressing way too quickly.  I am still ambulatory, but it's a struggle.  Stairs take both physical and mental strength to overcome.  My right arm is visibly decreasing, which makes me so sad, since I am right-handed.  And the right hand carries the melody in piano!

Still, life is good.  In mid-March, Paul, Caroline, and I went to Freezout Lake near Fairfield, MT, to see the snow geese congregate there.   We saw thousands upon thousands of geese and ducks.

Thursday Paul and I are flying to Orlando.  He has a regents conference.  I am going to spend Saturday with Cathy Martin.  We are a bit concerned about leaving the kids home, but now that Dolan is 21 (!), it should be safe and secure.

The sunset is beautiful again tonight.   Nice that it's almost 8 p.m. and just setting.

I need to shake this melancholy.  It's not born of ALS, though, as I often experienced such feelings when I didn't have ALS.  I think it will help if I come back from FL and a lot of the remodel is done.   I miss sleeping in my bed!  I also need to jettison STUFF.

Happy is the man who can carry his possessions on his shoulders.

1 comment:

  1. So great to get an update from you. Enjoy your time in Florida - fly away for a bit! :-)

    ReplyDelete