Monday, February 24, 2014

An Environmentalist's Dilemma

Hearing the contractors ripping away the walls and wiring and carpet and closet shelves and everything else that stands in the way of a more accessible home, I am saddened by the perfectly good things (for us) that will be in the landfill.  The carpet was old, but in good shape.  The walls were painted a lovely sage in the bedroom and a mixed brown (it really looked good!) in the office.  All that is now in the dumpster. 

If ALS weren't already a pain in the neck, this is adding insult to injury.  Sorry, Earth. 

2 comments:

  1. My environmental guilt -- the Keurig machine -- in 2013 the number of K-cups disposed can wrap the earth 10x's; that is very sad. I love my Keurig machine, so I bought the reusable filter, but still use the machine here at work for our employees -- oh the guilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I saw that stat. Isn't it depressing when we hear stuff like that? Or see stuff that still has use thrown out? I'm even stressing about changing the paint color (turns out we should have stuck with the first choice) because it's more paint!

      Delete