Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter has come and gone, but the remo goes on and on

I can't blame it on the contractor, because I took so long deciding some things, but oh man, are we all so very tired of this!  Blessed that we have the ability to make it happen, but the strain of shifting beds for 2 months is getting to us.

Easter was nice.  We spent it with the Kuceras. Margaret and I have become close, and we have good talks about motherhood and facing the end while leaving something for our kids to remember us by.  She is writing her story, and has encouraged me to also write my autobiography so my kids will know my life.  I hope I get around to it while I can still type!

Florida was lovely, but flying is not a great experience.  I do not want to be so very safe that we have to go through the slog of security.  In the end, we will not protect against someone who really wants to hurt America again.  They have beaten us to some extent simply by making us do all this security.

That's what it takes to get anywhere far, though.  And it was nice to see an old friend and just talk and talk and talk.  Nice to see my brother Charles and niece Kim and her boyfriend, too.  All among the smell of jasmine!  Pretty amazing, coming from the brown cold of a northern Montana spring.

2 comments:

  1. Great pic, Pam. Damn! That bathroom will surely be in the book of wonders as long as it's taking! :). Thinking about and praying for you - always.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, the bathroom will have a bidet! For real! Worth a visit to Havre!

      Delete