Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Day of School and a little bit of God

Caroline started 8th grade today, and when I asked her how it went, she said "Fantastic!" very enthusiastically.  That made my heart happy.  I want her to love school both academically and socially.  I want Dolan to find his way in the world.  I want Paul to be happy.  Really, in the end, if I know all those I love are taken care of, I am okay with whatever happens. 

Not to say it doesn't still sadden me a little when I see someone on a long walk, with long, strong strides like I once was able to do.  Then I remember that I am still walking, albeit slowly, but under my own power.  I am thankful for that.

A friend prayed over me today (although I joked about separation of church and state, as we were at work).  I am a believer of sorts, in that I don't disbelieve, and what I pray for is simply acceptance, grace, and strength.  What truly strengthens me is the kindness of the people around me.  If one has to be in a difficult medical condition, Havre is undoubtedly one of the warmest, most embracing places to live.  The community is astoundingly supportive of their own.

My right leg muscles were having a great time dancing to their own beat last evening while watching the March on Washington on PBS.  It's interesting how they move of their own accord while in a restful state.  I guess that's why PALS get tired so much...near-constant muscle movement.  Too bad it doesn't help me lose weight.  :)  [I know, I know, that will come soon enough.  Too bad I can't enjoy it while still on my own two feet!]

2 comments:

  1. my dearest sweetest cousin, you are right, we truly only have the moment, your children have your beautiful Irish Cocky Boston that they inherited from your Dad, and your Mom was an inspiration of a women, I know your husband must be amazing as well, even though I have not met him, don't really know how to comfort but I was also sad with the news of your diagnose, and will be surrounding you in beautiful light, love you bunches xxx Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margy, and I am truly sustained by the outpouring of love from family and friends. Love to each and everyone!

      Delete