Thursday, June 18, 2015

Lounging on 6/17/15

Lying in bed late today. Usually I am up around 7, if for nothing else but to pee, but today I lie here listening to Carole King on Echo. Rosie is sleeping by my feet, which feel a bit numb. I have played way too much Candy Crush.

I am not contributing enough to society. There is so much to do in life, and I just lie here. This is no way to live. I should be at the Boys and Girls Club skewering meat for the fair booth, but it really takes two good hands, and my right has faded from useful work.

I guess I did get Dolan up and to class. My voice can still do that. Is that a societal contribution?!

We are heading out Tuesday for Massachusetts. I am a bit uneasy about the accommodations. I am so capable in my own space here, and we will go from hotel to hotel without certain accessibility. Yet, I don't want to let fear of accessibility limit my traveling.

Road trip! Through the Bakken, which has slowed down considerably, then to Superior, then up through Canada to Ottawa and down into New York and Massachusetts. Gotta love our diverse, wonderful country (and Canada)! We'll go back through northern Ohio and Illinois and up to Minneapolis. Caroline has seen only MT, SD, WY, FL, VA, DC, NC--this will definitely broaden her perspective, if she can keep her eyes raised from a book or screen.

A PALS in Havre died four days ago. He was 52, and was diagnosed just within the last year. That leaves three of us that I know about, but we are all doing okay, considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment