Sunday, March 20, 2016

Listing

What I want to live to see

Caroline go to college. Fall 2018. 30 months from now.
Caroline Rose Concert and graduation. 2018 late May. 27 months from now.
Hillary Clinton inauguration?! January 2017. 11 months.
Election. November 2016. 9 months.
Caroline's sweet 16. August 10, 2016. 5-1/2 months.
James Taylor in Bozeman July 2016. 5 months.
Caroline and the Blue a Pony band march in DC. July 4 2016. 4 months.
Primary. June 2016. 3 months.
Dolan in To Kill a Mockingbird. April 2016. 6 weeks.
Caroline in The Crucible. April 2016. 6 weeks.
Caroline in Mary Poppins. March 2016. This week.

I started this list March 1, 2016, to explain the time frame. I have seen Caroline 3 times in Mary Poppins! They closed last night. However, if I jump to the top of the list, I really don't think I will see those things happen. I have made health care decisions that will likely preclude me from seeing more than 2016. I'm okay with that, mind you. This isn't a sad post.

Actually, in envisioning these events, I can almost pre-live them. I have a healthy imagination, and since I have experienced some of the events before with Dolan, or others, I have a good sense of the sequence. I just plug in different faces in my imagined scenarios. 

I have also made lists of my finances for Paul, what I think needs to be done with my things and the house (repairing my powerchair damage!) when I'm gone, songs I want at my vigil...exerting control from the grave, so to say. I don't let go easily, but I'm learning to let go while holding on.

The first day of spring today! If I live to see my garden in full and glorious bloom, I will be content.

 I don't know when the end will come, but I still am willing to buy green bananas. (Thanks to Woody Woodwick for that joke!)


5 comments:

  1. I hope you will be able to see all that you listed!

    Blessings to you, always!

    I found out 2 weeks ago tomorrow my dear sister has ALS, my heart is broken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear of anyone else with this disease. I hope she beats the odds,

      Delete
    2. Sorry my comment posted twice.
      Wonderful photo :)

      Delete
  2. Mr George All thanks God for using this great man to help me cure the ALS disease which my wife was diagnosed with ALS disease,so when i contact this great man for help,he did some prayer for my wife and me and prepared some herbal herpes which i give my wife and now my wife is cured of the disease and now i am so happy with my wife and all thanks to him The Great Uzaba he can cure all kinds of disease like ALS, MND, Epilepsy, Leukemia, Asthma, Cancer, Gonorrhea etc,his herbal cure can cure all kinds of disease once you have faith and believe in him i assure you that your problem will be solve,Contact Temple: Spiritualuzabatemple@gmail.com Call Temple:+2349031695243 for help and will help you ok

    ReplyDelete