Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The New Year begins...

The year began with fireworks viewed through my glass door. Quite beautiful as they lit up the carved glass. I may have voted against fireworks inside the city limits as a council member, but I sure do love them! Very glad our neighbors do too!

We also went to a wedding on the 1st. So the new year started with love.💕
But the next day my wonderful boss lost his beloved (by all) wife to cancer. She was 57. Right around Christmas two other 50-something women died unexpectedly. Death comes in threes, I grew up hearing. Whereas the latter two did not get a chance to say goodbye, Kathy thankfully did. She leaves twin girls in Caroline's class, and two adult children. How can I ever feel my situation is unfair, when these women all are gone and leave loving families too. I just have to cherish my loved ones and prepare them for the inevitable.

Speaking of that, Paul and I talked about what level of invasive medical intervention I would want to  have. I'm ready to go anytime (there will always be something else to live for, after all). I don't want it to be too uncomfortable at the end, but I'd like to be aware. Are those things mutually exclusive?

So far, I use a wheelchair and have a catheter. That is the sum total of medical intervention. I am proud of that. Things may change when I go to the ALS clinic in Billings.

No comments:

Post a Comment